Saturday, February 23, 2008

Why would you want to walk??

Yesterday I walked home from work - it still was light, I wore flip-flops instead of some high-heel torture tools and my bag wasn't that heavy. Delightful. Half an hour of indicating to all the taxi drivers that no, I actually can walk despite being a westerner :P But first I had to carefully decline a work-mates offer to give me a lift on a scooter - there is no way Im getting on one of those without a helmet! :)
The best discovery from the walk - there is a local bar here! Chris, we gotta investigate the place! Well, I don't know what facilities are required to use the actual term 'bar', but it was kinda cute. Next to the road, relatively nice wooden tables amidst plants, palms and bushes. The only reason I even noticed the place was because of the music and a few lines of colored light bulbs :P But the place is just around the corner, which means that if disappointment sets in, we can always run home :)
OK, it's time for me to chill on my balcony and get some tan on me - book and a bottle of water in hand :)

2 comments:

escape said...

i hope you can take a pciture of the bar when you visit it again. sounds like a nice place.

Laura said...

Will do that for sure, no worries :)
Looking forwards to go there, actually - see how the local people are enjoying their evenings, especially since this area is not "tourist-full", so everything has some authenticity to it :)