Sunday, February 17, 2008

Temptations



Today I have given in to two of them - the first one being the purchase of 4 books (though harmoniously compiled - 50/50 fun & serious) and maybe the "worst" of the two... cheese. Yes, I have finally bought myself a small pack of cheese. Couldn't stand it anymore.. walking around the small selection at Tesco, drooling, calculating the price versus pleasure ratio :P Oh well, it WAS heaven; plus, I have to take care of my own spoiling. 
By the way, I found it slightly amusing that the majority of the cheese packaging had the text "Great Source Of Calcium" on it. Milk products aren't top sellers here, which means that people are not getting enough calcium (both empirical and purely medical researches claim the lacking calcium to be the reason for people here being so small).
One more comment about food: if staying here for a longer time, one might as well start working on enjoying egg fruits and other representatives from the same family, because em' things are in everything! :) Don't get me wrong, there is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with the taste of small green "whatever's" ; it's the feeling in my mouth while chewing... in the beginning I found it ... errm, how can I put it.. geez, all the potential explanations that have just zoomed through my mind sound a bit "dirty", so can't post that.. :P 
Sorry :)

No comments: