Friday, February 1, 2008

Biased?

The small local shop, just two minutes walk away, offers the best shopping experience. The owners, an older couple, welcome with warm smiles. The lady in charge always makes such a fuss about what plastic bags should my purchased goods be packed into :) Another lady normally manages the packing, but when I show up, the Real Lady In Charge always disrupts her packing system and indicates another bag. Dunno why, but its such sweet spectacle to observe :)

Another interesting thing people do here - I have never during my life received so many compliments from men as I have here from women. They call me pretty, comment on one's figure and something about Miss Universe. In the beginning I couldn't really figure out how do you react to that.. now - you just call them beautiful back and make sure the most ravishing smile shows up :P Very, very sweet and warming. 

Maybe I should start singing' "Im so vain..." :P

No comments: