Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Others

Hmm.. just spent some time clicking the magic "Next Blog" button (again). Would you believe me when I say that there actually is a blog called ABBA?! :) There's no pattern there - from attempts to be highly intellectual to plain vanity - take your pick. But most of them do offer some sort of explanation why the blog was created in the first place (Im also guilty as charged)... as if blog "owners" need to justify their reasons for being here in the first place. Funny, on one of the blogs there was a post about how silly it is to start a new post with the words "sorry for not writing so long" or "my goldfish died, so I've been mourning" etc. - like if the absence of new posts would keep someone away from continuing to lead their real lives :)
After a while it becomes clear that Im doing this for my own sake :P



2 comments:

escape said...

exactly. blog is a way of people expressing what they feel, see and hear. we get to see the nature of every blogger from being funny to being too emotional.

Laura said...

You know, my initial idea to do this was to give my friends an easy way to see what's been up with me - the regular stuff, you know. You won't post everything here (if keeping the blog relatively open to all), so occasional e-mails will still be there. But now, sometimes I catch myself wanting to write about things I shouldn't write about, which makes me think the blog has transformed into some sort of a public diary (and I haven't had one since I was 13 or something) - and that it is important for me to keep that in mind :)