Friday, February 8, 2008

Close your eyes & feel



The letters (or would it be more correct to say signs?) in Thai language continue to amaze me; my Danish colleague is taking Thai lessons (have been for a while) and his conclusion was - oh, its very complicated :) 
To "draw" the letters correctly by hand must be a challenge in itself; I would have to take a "fine writing" class like my mother did when she was a child. The signs look beautiful, though - almost like some sort of wallpaper decoration pattern instead of just letters composing words. 
The little sign (written by my colleague Mae) says: "I would like to buy an alarm clock" followed by something else.. maybe many "please's"? The sentence seems a bit long to be just that. 
And yes, I DID need that note, if anybody wonders :P
Keyboard is confusing, so the best method is not to look - trust your fingertips to find the right keys by instinct and keep your eyesight out of it :) Nevertheless, this keyboard is easier than one with Latin & Russian letters on it - at least Thai signs aren't that large, not in red and don't cover the whole friggin' key.

2 comments:

NWO said...

Great images!

Laura said...

Thank you very much :) Appreciated.