Saturday, February 9, 2008

Chinese New Year





Despite the fact that Chinese New Year is not an official holiday in Thailand, it still is possible to see it being celebrated or at least paid attention to. Today, at BTS Siam stop, the square next to a shopping mall was beautifully decorated and a man was playing some sort of a Chinese music instrument. I have never seen such before, quite naturally, but the music was wonderful - very oriental, of course, but with a modern twist. I made a small video, I can try and upload it, but it is like 140 MB - I will give it a try at a later point - until that a few grainy pictures will have to do :)
Anyway, it was lovely to sit in that square for a half an hour and listen to the music while reading my book. Just a lazy Saturday evening; I have gotten a new TV channel called StarMovies, which means now I can entertain myself by watching something else besides CNN (until now, CNN has been the only channel in English :P).
Plan for tomorrow - go to the Rama IX park and take loads of pictures, so I can finally make it visible to all what an impressive place it is. 

1 comment:

pETi said...

try YouTube to upload the video, than you can link it to blogger with no problem.