Monday, March 24, 2008

An update

One blink of an eye and it's already 3pm - untypically fast Monday. What have I been doing today? Drinking a lot of coffee (grrr - Thailand's no good for me in that aspect.. nor is any other country where coffee is legal :P). And going back in time with "OK Computer" (gosh, was I really 19 back then? I recall watching the "Paranoid Android" cartoon video on MTV quite many times). Adding and removing sentences and whatever statements from The Document. Went downstairs to chat with Ooy (she is the best diversion here that helps me to avoid watering eyes from staring at the computer for too long). Mutual help - Ooy's occasionally bored and I need a friendly distraction. Especially when I get "stuck". 

Weekend, weekend - went to Jens's birthday dinner. The restaurant/'boat' was quite far away from where I live, but I estimated that a 30 min taxi ride would do it. And was I wrong or what. First of all, the taxi driver wasn't that sure where to go (and by now I'm used to that happening on frequent basis, so - I always have my map with me... not that it always helps. Em' roads here are "nuts". He also spent around 10 minutes calling someone to find the way, hehe, when we actually were 200 m away from the final destination.  I just couldn't convince the guy to drive along the way while I'd be on a look-out for the "Immortal Pub" sign. He had to call :P ); secondly - we got stuck in traffic for a while. All in all, instead of my 30 minutes me' and me' buddy taxi driver were stuck together in da' vehicle for an hour and ten minutes instead. Arrived "decent" 40 minutes late... like a real lady, eh? :P I hate being late. Talk about some German blood somewhere. The restaurant actually was a karaoke-place. Meaning - it's very popular here to rent a small "karaoke house" (depending on the amount of people willing to sing) together with some friends for a whole evening; sit down, have dinner and sing your heart out. I have taken some picture of the small "houses" - will post them once I get home. 
The party itself - oh well, nobody "burned the house down" - but it's always nice to wish someone a good "half-a-century", the food was lovely and I got to see two of my work-colleagues together with their families in a different setting. 
Yesterday - bed, bed & bed. No alarm. Nothing. Reading. Some ORIO cookies. Water. Bed. TV - the worst movie ever. Something extremely stupid about a guy turning into a dog. Geez.. where did the investors for that film come from?!? Sleeping again. Getting some new music. Bought a beer, but never opened it. Lovely lazy sunday. Wasted time, in a sense, but I've got plenty of it. 



1 comment:

Jersey Cash Holes said...

Laura,

Holy cow, I just wanted to say how crazy it is, you're in thailand and you're reading (or i guess looking, not a lot to read) my blog. Technology really blows my mind sometimes, anywho, I'm going to check up on your Thailand excursions now, because you're taking the time to show us some cool things. thanks.

Jesse