Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thai Songkran Holiday

The 14-15th of April is the Thai Songkran Holiday - that basically is the Thai New Year and is celebrated as the Water Festival. This means that there is a chance to make something out of the 'extended' weekend - if I can beg to have the friday, the 11th of April off as well, Im on my way to Northern Thailand - more precisely Chiang Mai. Have already looked at flights and tour companies - there is a 3 day trekking tour starting early on the 11th - and I must be there! :) The tour includes rafting as well - that sounds like fun - getting soaked, hehe :) The nice thing is that I can go there alone and then just join a small group (max 8 persons). Geez, what if I get lucky and stumble on some hot backpackers, huh?! :P
Wish me luck to get this down!

No comments: