Saturday, March 15, 2008

Krabi Tropical Beach Resort






A small introduction: Krabi is located in southern Thailand, on the west side coast of that long peninsula I don't know the name of (maybe it doesn't have any). It takes around 1.5 hour flight from Bangkok to get there. 
Before leaving I spent several hours looking for a hotel; reading reviews on TripAdvisor and I got even more confused by all the conflicting reviews.. :) There are several beaches in the Krabi area - which one do you pick? Also, me and Christina didn't feel like being in a place, where one is constantly surrounded by stampeding crowds; plus, there is the issue how much one is willing to pay. Eventually I settled on a small family run hotel located directly on the beach (which is not for swimming, though - too rocky), with a beautiful view and still close to the other beaches reachable by either long-tail boat or a bus. And what a great choice! I don't think I have ever been in a hotel that lovely and well thought out, with extremely welcoming staff and - oh well, it was exactly what we were looking for - peace and some serenity :) Once we got to our room we actually started sort of "squealing" - all the little 'touches'  - see for yourself :)

No comments: