Thursday, March 27, 2008

From Smog to Green

Im off to Northern Thailand - Chiang Mai - from the 10th to 15th of April. Have an airplane ticket, a booked 3-day hiking tour. What I don't have is a place to sleep for 3 nights. Looking at some cheap guesthouses - have to hope not all of them are fully booked due to Songkran (thats when all the tourists head there...). If that will be the case anyway, I will improvise once I get there. No matter if I end up sleeping in a room or on a bench somewhere, I still need to buy certain things like mosquito repellant, some shorts and a pair of sturdy sneakers, if possible. And some socks. Maybe a tiny big larger backpack. And maybe a rubber tonfa to beat off all of em' dangerous men up there everyone's been warning me about :)
Looking forwards to get out of this Smog City and up into green mountains. 

2 comments:

escape said...

something exciting! my friends usually go out to places that we don't know or we've never been to and those were the best escapades. enjoy!

Laura said...

I hope the trip will gimme something to talk about :) Today I got a confirmation from a guesthouse, which means I don't have to worry about not having a place to sleep or anything. Can't wait to leave BKK :)