Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Free as a bird

This is the first day with a breeze rustling the palm trees right underneath my balcony; pleasant to feel the air move. Isn't that the perfect evening for a beer? :)
Singha - it's one one the famous ones here; tastes nice, but also like many other lagers. Since I have done purchase of the month - a bottle opener - the bottle opening process isn't that complicated anymore. Initially I managed to get one open with a knife; probing each one of em' little hooks.. Maybe getting close to 30 is a good time to finally learn the lighter-trick. Better later than never :)
Tomorrow there will be no "company car" picking people up, so I think I will stay and work from home. The liberty to look like something cat has brought in for a whole day will be refreshing, hehe. It also means that I can stay up late reading free eBooks; have stumbled on a page (www.planetpdf.com) with relatively many literature classics free to download. I'm after Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina" - I have read the book when I was around 16 or so (had this period where all the Russian classics were in my top five); I recall I liked it back then. Reading it again after all these years should do me good.




No comments: