Thursday, January 31, 2008

Culinary description

Just back from lunch. People eat lots of fish here (not sure though if em' little ones we get served quite often are freshwater or saltwater inhabitants); first its cheap and second - there is large variety to choose from - not the sad & expensive  situation in Denmark, where the regular choice is between salmon, trout, cod and salmon. Maybe Im exaggerating; have only bought frozen fish, since fresh one is like way out of my budget, but no matter what supplies fish stores in Denmark can get, there is a slim slim chance the assortment here can be beat. I hate the fishbones though...I can just see myself going into coma with that thing up my throat.
The dessert of the day brought me down the memory lane. The dish itself consisted of some fruit pieces in a red/pinkish syrup. The taste is a whole lotta different story. During my childhood me and my brother would occasionally got this sugar candy (like lollypops but without the pin), which had the most artificial flavoring ever. So, after like 20 years long break, I have, again, experienced a flavor thats is not far from tasting like plastic :)
Candy and drinks are much sweeter here than in Europe; closer resemblance to products sold in the US market. Too sweet for my taste; Im "delightful" enough already - it would be a disaster to OD :)
Strong, strong sun today. People cannot really understand the reasons behind me wandering outside during the lunch break. Local's try to avoid being outside as much as possible, at least during the scolding noon sun.  I need to change the surroundings and I find the 20 minutes of sunlight reenergizing (despite "boiling").. once I get home, the sun is on its descend and all thats left is darkness. 



No comments: