Monday, January 21, 2008

And on we are!





Hereby I can solemnly declare that I have transformed into a "network wiz"! From now on network configuration is peanuts, so I can be online from "home" too:) Here is a dark picture of my room and me in it as well - a proof that all this isn't just one big joke.
Funny, during late evenings and nights the air gets a completely different scent to it - becomes somewhat sweeter and more intoxicating. Maybe there are some flowers/plants underneath my balcony that only bloom when night sets in. All I can see is a few palms surrounded by construction workers living across the street. 
Residing maybe is a strong word, if proper housing is required to use that term. They have built, what can you call that.. lets say sheds from steel plates. There is a large stone basin in between the sheds and it is used for washing. I guess those are poor people from countryside, which have come to Bangkok with their families to look for a better life. And this is what they get. Squeezed between grand buildings with their few possessions. But you still hear them laughing, see them having dinner together and it's admirable that that little still can make these people to appear relatively content with what they have. Maybe that is only accomplishable when no illusions are left. 



No comments: